- How does Continuous Improvement fit into the growth plans of your organization? What has to be achieved as part your Strategy?
- Has your organization attempted a Continuous Improvement program but it seemed to be a false start?
- Is Continuous Improvement integrated throughout your organization? Are your people truly engaged and developing?
- Is identifying issues, generating ideas, and creating actions a daily occurrence within your organization?
- How does your organization manage change? Are improvements being sustained or do the changes backslide to the status quo?
- Is your Continuous Improvement Program a strategic advantage for your organization? If not, could it be?
It is often said that Continuous Improvement is 90% about people, but too often organizations try to implement continuous improvement purely by taking a technical approach. The Continuous Improvement stream is about working directly with your people to solve real challenges that your organization is faced with; simultaneously developing your people as well as nurturing the organizational culture into being more proactive and teamwork based. The approach and material used within this stream has been used to transform over 100 organizations throughout North America as well as overseas. The tools used within a Continuous Improvement Program are vitally important, but the people being developed to utilize these tools are many times more important.